Having a “roof over one’s head” is saying that has at one point entered any of our conversations. When referring to shelter, having a roof over one’s head is primarily mentioned, not walls, not doors and windows, a roof. Truly a roof is a very important part in any house. It is the roof that protects the inhabitants from the elements, whether it is rain, snow, or the hot sun. Roofers offer a variety of types of roof replacement that you can have installed on your home and for the best protection, you ideally have to select the best kind of roof material available.
One of the ideal types of roofing you may want to look into are metal roofs. Whereas others types of roofing are made of asphalt, tiles, or wood, metal roofs, as the name suggests, are made of metal. Recently more and more homeowners have been looking into metal roofs as a roof replacement for their current and worn out roofs. Metal roofing has been seen as an ideal type of roofing to have and today we are going to know all about why.
- Lasts longer – Compared to other types of roofs, metal roofing has a longer lifespan and is more durable thanks to its material makeup. Metal roofs are much better in resisting strong winds as well as heavy rains and any organic decay has no effect on it.
- Lighter in weight – Other types of roofing are made of heavy materials which can weight up to 750lbs per square foot. All that weight pushing down on the structure of your home. With a metal roof, you can expect only up to 150lbs per square foot. That’s 1/5 of the weight.
- Easy installation – Metal roofs are divided into multiple parts in panels making setting things up much easier. With the help of a professional roofer, you can have your metal roofing set up in no time.
- Fire resistant – Metal, a noncombustible material is a great option for buildings when it comes to being fire resistant. It is because of this that metal roofs have gained Class A fire rating which means they are the most resistant to fire so long as all roof components are metal as well.
- Efficient heat reflection – With a shiny exterior, metal can easily reflect heat radiation on a hot day. Homes with metal roofs are able to stay cooler on a hot day compared to homes with other types of roofing.
- Lower pitch – The pitch of a roof is for reduced chances of leaks occurring. The angle of the pitch would vary depending on the type of the roof and with metal roofs, the pitch isn’t as steep compared to other types of roofing.
- Efficient in snow and rain shedding – With the tight makeup of metal roofs panels and locking, snow and rain will not be able to penetrate and the slippery surface will allow these to easily slip off from the roofing and not buildup above your home.