If you are currently in college or about to begin college, you are likely thinking a lot about what you want to do for a long term career. Thinking about this requires asking yourself a lot of questions such as
- What do I like to do?
- What am I good at?
- What are my long term career goals?
- How much money do I want to make?
- Where do I see myself living?
These questions will, in theory, lead you to determining what it is you should major in. With the increase in popularity of the marijuana industry across the United States, you may have thought about going into marijuana marketing as a career path. This might be a good career path because the marijuana industry and marketing industries pay well and are in constant need of new talent, fresh ideas and innovative thinking and skills. One of the great things about marketing, too, is that numerous different types of degrees can be helpful when pursuing a marketing career. Here are a few of the degrees that are a good fit for marijuana marketers.
- Marketing- This one is, of course, the most obvious, but it is possible to get an overall marketing degree that will focus on the topics of analytics, audience segmentation and sales. These skills are particularly helpful in marijuana marketing because they are the cornerstone of what makes a successful marijuana company.
- Public relations- Public relations degrees are helpful because it will teach you how to deal with the media and understand how to gain publicity for a company. Publicity and media exposure is so important to a company, particularly new ones, because it will help them to find a customer base and gain success.
- Web design- Studies show that the majority of people use the internet to find companies to do business with, so that means that a good website is something most companies will pay a premium for. If you study marijuana web design and learn how to code and create attractive, usable layouts, you will likely be able to find a high paying job with any number of companies.
- Digital communications- Due to the fact that the majority of people use the internet and social media to get information, it is extremely important to understand the nuanced way in which people connect digitally. This might include social media, graphic design, content creation or even marijuana SEO.
- Business- Business is another obvious but important major that can really help you to understand the logistical business side of the marijuana marketing industry. This might include sales tactics, contracts, finance and more.
With the always increasing popularity of the both the marijuana and marketing industries, these are the most logical degrees that would be a great choice if you are looking to get into a long term, well paying career in marijuana marketing. Any combination of these majors will provide you with the skills you would need to be an asset to any marijuana marketing company across the country.