If you are considering taking Percocet based on your doctor’s recommendations, then you need to consider both the pros and the cons for this type of drug. There are many types of drugs that your doctor may describe as a painkiller. Percocet is a type of drug that belongs in the opioid pain medication family and is used to treat moderate to severe pain. In fact, it is a narcotic and contains both acetaminophen as well as Oxycodone.
If you are experiencing a lot of pain, then your doctor may prescribe anything from Percocet to Vicodin. There are many different types of drugs that can be used as pain relievers. Listed here are the pros and cons for choosing to use Percocet as prescribed by your doctor:
Here are the pros for choosing to use Percocet:
- You can relieve your pain. One of the pros for choosing to take Percocet for your pain is that it will help you relieve your pain. In fact, it is a pain reliever that will work to relieve your pain even if your pain is very severe. It is a strong narcotic that works to reduce inflammation while also relieving your pain at the same time.
- Reduce inflammation.It can also be used to reduce inflammation. This means that it can lesson your pain over time.
- Help make your healing process easier. You can also help aid your healing process when you take Percocet as you will be less stressed out when you are in less pain. So, not only will it help with your pain but it will also help you calm down, which will help you with your healing process at the same time.
Here are the cons for choosing to use Percocet:
- It can be habit forming. If you are taking Percocet, then you need to be very careful and follow your doctors instructions exactly as they prescribe. This is very important as this can be a highly addictive drug and it is very important to ensure that you take it exactly how you should.
- It can slow or stop your breathing. There can be some severe side effects such as slowed or stopped breathing. If you have a history of asthma or other breathing problems, then you will want to talk with your doctor about your concerns before taking any Percocet.
- It can lead to overdose or death.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons for choosing to use Percocet. Of course, if you are in severe pain and are following your doctor’s instructions, then you will want to be sure to take the recommended dosage of whatever painkillers that they prescribe to you. It is vital to only take the recommended dosage and to follow their instructions as narcotics can be very dangerous and habit forming.
If you are interested in learning about the street value of Percocet as well as the street value for other prescription drugs, then you need to visit the experts over at www.streetrx.com.