When it comes to having to replace or repair one’s roof, the greatest challenge a homeowner will have to deal with is finding the right Residential Roofer to handle the task. Once your roof is damaged like from a passing storm, it is important to have the necessary roofing repairs done in order to get things back on track or else the damage would only propagate. Despite the urgency for roofing repairs, as a homeowner, you shouldn’t just hire the first residential roofer that you come across.
If you are going to be looking for a residential roofing contractor, you must make sure that they are honest, professional, and trustworthy. Though that may seem as a challenge for you as a homeowner, if you know how you can find the right residential roofing contractor, things will be a breeze. So to help you out, here are some tips that you can use.
- Ask around for some local referral – Asking for referrals in your local community is a great way to start your search for a residential roofing contractor. If someone refers to you a roofing contractor, then you are sure they have provided quality service. In addition to that, since they are referred by your local community, the residential roofing contractor will already be familiar with any code regulations and rules in your community.
- Check for manufacturer designations – A manufacturer designation is a special certification given by factories to residential roofing contractors that indicates their quality of world. In order for a residential roofer to have a manufacturer designation, they have to be able to pass certain requirements. Take note that residential roofers can only use this designation within their own area of operation.
- Look into their BBB rating – A good residential roofing contractor is one that is on the Better Business Bureau website and with a good score. When looking through roofing contractors, make sure you check their status on the BBB website as they must be able to maintain good ratings there so that they can keep their certificate.
- Secure an extensive warranty – A warranty is very important when it comes to any work done on your home. Not every residential roofing contractor can provide a warranty that will cover their workmanship and if ever any repair is done incorrectly (where damages could take a long time to show), you may find yourself paying for any additional repairs. Securing an extensive warranty will help ease you in this area.
- Check their license and insurance – You should make sure that the residential roofer you are looking into has all of their employees and subcontractors insured and they should show a certificate. This is to ensure that you won’t have any liability should any accident occur while they are doing roof repairs in your home. In addition, the residential roofing contractor should also be able to show a license to ensure that they pass the requirements of the state and are under the proper regulations to operate.