When it come to taking Ritalin, there are both pros and cons to choosing this prescription drug. Of course, you can’t take Ritalin without a prescription and it is hard to get a prescription nowadays as the drugs for both Adderall and Ritalin have been over prescribed. States are making it harder and harder to get these prescriptions and the street value of prescription drugs such as Ritalin or Adderall has gone up as well.
If your doctor has been discussing using Ritalin, then you need to consider both the pros and cons for choosing to take this drug. Ritalin is a stimulant that is used to stimulate the central nervous system. It is done in order to affect the brain and nerves that cause people to become hyperactive. If you are considering taking Ritalin for a hyperactive disorder or to become more focused, then you will want to weigh out all of your options with your doctor first. Listed here are the pros and cons that come along with choosing to take Ritalin:
Here are the pros for taking Ritalin:
- You can treat attentional deficit disorder. If you want to treat your attention deficit disorder, then you will want to consider taking Ritalin in order to best treat it.
- You can treat attention deficit hyperactive disorder. Ritalin is also used to treat the hyperactive version of attention deficit disorder. When taken regularly, it can help you to calm down and focus better.
- You can treat narcolepsy. You can also treat sleep disorders such as narcolepsy with Ritalin.
- You can concentrate better. When you choose to take Ritalin as prescribed by your doctor, then you will find that you can concentrate better if you have been diagnosed with attention deficit disorder or another disorder that affects your ability to concentrate.
- You can do better at school or work. When you choose to take Ritalin, then you will also do better at school or work as you will find that you are more focused.
Here are the cons for taking Ritalin:
- It is habit forming. Ritalin is habit forming and may cause an addiction.
- It can cause heart attacks, strokes, or sudden death if you have a heart defect or heart disease. If you have had any history with heart problems or high blood pressure, then you will want to consider whether or not the risk of taking Ritalin is worth it or not.
- It can cause new or worsening methods of mental issues, such as depression or anxiety.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons that come along with choosing to take the prescription drug Ritalin. If you are considering taking this drug, then you need to go over every option with your doctor and make sure that you have tried everything to control your attention span first. If you are curious, then you can find out more about Ritalin by looking online. You can find the street value of any prescription drugs when you choose to go online and look at the website: www.streetrx.com.